27 January 2011

Teak Treats

I have been on the hunt for the perfect seating for the Messagemark studio. As you would gather by now, I have a love for the mid-twentieth century era. Well to my delight I found this sweet ensemble on E-Bay in December and ended up being the only bidder. It is solid teak, and was restored last year with new cushions, webbing, and fabric.

Totally modular, this setting can be positioned in many configurations. I particularly love the single chair. Low line, wide seat, and a perfectly angled back. Surprisingly, this set is not only good looking but comfortable too! A keeper that's for sure! See more photos here...

The home we collected this set from was absolutely amazing, a true 1960s pad, a collectors paradise, and the best collection of 1950-1960s home-wares I have seen being used daily, and not just on display. We will be posting a feature about this Retro Haven very soon on my Retro Delights blog.

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Add your comment.

Related Posts with Thumbnails