30 December 2012

A Crafy Christmas

Our turn again this year to have Christmas celebrations at our place. The first time at our current home, so I wanted to make it extra special. Creating paper decorations has become a bit of a tradition now, and is kind of expected by my family.

So I decided to create an outdoor dining room using spare curtains that were in the cupboard, and made decorations from random 'bits and bobs'!

 
Firstly, handmade Bonbons. Brittany being very creative, designed personalised labels that doubled as place names on the table. I love her style of drawing, unique and so detailed!

The jokes were interesting, and somehow Denis and Brittany managed to come up with 9 without any help from Google! e.g. "Doctor, Doctor, I've got a strawberry stuck up my bottom. And the Doctor says, I've got a cream for that."
 
Using a circle cutter, I cut out a heap of paper circles from an old music book purchased from an Op Shop for $2. Then using red cotton, I stitched two circles together and folded them in opposite directions to create a 3D shape. Each shape was then spaced out along the cotton to create a bunting and this was hung around the side walls of our outdoor dining room. I also made a mini bunting for my stick tree.
 
The table was wrapped in brown paper, then we painted a simple red stripe down the centre using a mini roller. Denis installed some lighting, and jars, bakers twine, fresh pine, candles and wool all came together to make perfect table decorations. 
 
Dessert was also served in jars! Simple, cheap and so so easy to do!

Happy New Year!

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Add your comment.

Related Posts with Thumbnails