24 October 2014

My Gift

This is me, taken 11 years ago, I had just turned 30. I was on a crazy wild snowboarding trip in Wanaka, New Zealand and I decided to have a random photo in the snow in my bikini - like you do! (and yes it was freezing)

One month after this photo was taken I was diagnosed with an aggressive breast cancer. My whole world as I knew it changed forever.

I was just saying to someone yesterday how I was given the 'gift' of having cancer at 30. "Wow what a statement" was the response! I was on the wrong life path and this was the only way I was going to become aware - something big had to happen to stop me in my tracks. 

Cancer - an experience I am now grateful for, an experience that I am proud of and would never change, an experience that continues to link to the daily choices I make, and my core values. 

Today I celebrate 11 years of being cancer free! So here I am with my original boobies out (well sort of) for breast cancer awareness month!

OM,



PS: I was a bit hesitant to post this photo coz it is a bit out there, but it is a good representation of the crazy cat I was prior to cancer, and I'm happy to say that part of me hasn't changed! I even have a pic of me topless from this spot too! LOL! At least I have one photo of how I used to look in my natural state before I was reconfigured!!

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Add your comment.

Related Posts with Thumbnails