23 March 2011

Retro Wallpaper Inspiration

We were up in the Barossa Valley on the weekend and decided to pop into a second-hand shop called "Browsers". Amongst all the retro eye candy I came across this vintage wallpaper swatch book by Abbotts. Dated 1970-1971 it is full of delightful prints that you may remember from your childhood. Feeling inspired, I decided I couldn't leave this one behind. A bit more than what I would normally pay for something like this ($85), but I figure I could easily spend that on a design book in a book store.
I have grand plans to use these textures in a new vintage inspired print range that I am currently working out in my head. Probably will become a winter project so will post more as my ideas come together!

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Add your comment.

Related Posts with Thumbnails